Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Strip Planking Hull Thickness

Hello all,

Can anyone assist me with the calculation for strip planking hull
thickness...? We are embarking on a build of a 40ft ketch.

I know there is Dave Gerr's formulae for determining this but have not
got his book (not available in SA). I intend exoxy glass in/out.

Also, what influence will a different wood species make on the thickness
required? ie: mahogany vss cedar vss ... vss ...

Thanks for the info - cheers,
Max