posted to rec.boats.building

Default Question about a Pram

I am redoing a pram and would like to know what color they
were when they first came out?

--
Stand Tough For Freedom

posted to rec.boats.building

Boots,
Prams (asuming you mean a small boat with a blunt bow) came in every
imaginable color as most were home built. If this is a specific type -
Like and factory Opti or a Toro the answer changes.
Matt Colie

Boots Crofoot wrote:
I am redoing a pram and would like to know what color they
were when they first came out?

--
Stand Tough For Freedom

posted to rec.boats.building

I had a pram in 1950 that was a Chris Craft kit built by my father as a
father and son project. Boatbuilding was a little advanced for a ten year
old but the interest stuck. In those days, it was rare to see any boat not
painted white.....and for good reason, white does not show the salt as it
dries on the topsides and it is much cooler keeping the wood from drying
out.
Dave
"Boots Crofoot" wrote in message
I am redoing a pram and would like to know what color they
were when they first came out?

--
Stand Tough For Freedom

Newsgroups
=----

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:33:10 -0500, "Boots Crofoot"
wrote:

I am redoing a pram and would like to know what color they
were when they first came out?

I waited for an answer to this question - supposing that even though
pram means a generic small rowboat that has a cut off bow and transom
and hard chines for me; for you it must refer to a one design.

But no one answered so I suppose you need to spell out the pram you
have in mind.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
posted to rec.boats.building

wrote:

I am redoing a pram and would like to know what color they
were when they first came out?

I waited for an answer to this question - supposing that even though
pram means a generic small rowboat that has a cut off bow and transom
and hard chines for me; for you it must refer to a one design.

But no one answered so I suppose you need to spell out the pram you
have in mind.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK

Boots wrote to describe his sailing pram.
I reckon the appropriate answer is therefo
"It's your choice.
If varnish is not an option, paint white with a
red or blue stripe or detail contrast "

Brian Whatcott Altus OK