posted to rec.boats.building

Default Rust spots on a non skid deck Cleaning??

Hi Sailors,
I just had my decks emroned with a sand mix for no-skid areas and the
boat look great, however when a worker drills metal somewhere the tiny
shavings blow onto the decks and ultimatly become these hard to clean
rust dots...

Any luck with non skid deck cleaning materials??

posted to rec.boats.building

Chris inscribed in red ink for all to know:
Hi Sailors,
I just had my decks emroned with a sand mix for no-skid areas and the
boat look great, however when a worker drills metal somewhere the tiny
shavings blow onto the decks and ultimatly become these hard to clean
rust dots...

Any luck with non skid deck cleaning materials??

The answer to just about any problem with rust stains is oxalic acid.
make up a saturated solution (won't hold any more) in warm water, and
wipe it on affected areas. It will clean mlike magic.

Notes: oxalic acid is a weak organic acid, strength sort of like
vinegar. oxalic acid is poison - don't get any inside you.

bob
posted to rec.boats.building

Thanks Bob I think I have some of that in powder under the sink....The
stuff thewy sell to clean everything from laundry to sidewalks..Didn't
think to try it.

non skid emron cleaning of rust? Chris General 1 September 26th 06 12:24 AM
Can 3/8" Balsa Core Go Over 35" Span on Deck Without Structural Bracing? [email protected] Boat Building 12 April 28th 06 04:56 AM
Non skid deck paint RIchard Cruising 13 March 8th 06 06:27 AM
rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 February 18th 06 05:27 AM
Epoxy or Polyester for Fixing Rotten Core on Deck? [email protected] Boat Building 16 January 8th 06 01:18 AM