BoatBanter.com

-   -   Rust spots on a non skid deck Cleaning?? (https://www.boatbanter.com/boat-building/74353-rust-spots-non-skid-deck-cleaning.html)

Chris September 25th 06 04:47 PM

Rust spots on a non skid deck Cleaning??

Hi Sailors,
I just had my decks emroned with a sand mix for no-skid areas and the
boat look great, however when a worker drills metal somewhere the tiny
shavings blow onto the decks and ultimatly become these hard to clean
rust dots...

Any luck with non skid deck cleaning materials??

RW Salnick September 25th 06 05:53 PM

Rust spots on a non skid deck Cleaning??

Chris inscribed in red ink for all to know:
Hi Sailors,
I just had my decks emroned with a sand mix for no-skid areas and the
boat look great, however when a worker drills metal somewhere the tiny
shavings blow onto the decks and ultimatly become these hard to clean
rust dots...

Any luck with non skid deck cleaning materials??

The answer to just about any problem with rust stains is oxalic acid.
make up a saturated solution (won't hold any more) in warm water, and
wipe it on affected areas. It will clean mlike magic.

Notes: oxalic acid is a weak organic acid, strength sort of like
vinegar. oxalic acid is poison - don't get any inside you.

bob

Chris September 25th 06 11:58 PM

Rust spots on a non skid deck Cleaning??

Thanks Bob I think I have some of that in powder under the sink....The
stuff thewy sell to clean everything from laundry to sidewalks..Didn't
think to try it.