posted to rec.boats.building

Default Internal Gas Tank Storage

In my opinion... Put in adequate Sta-Bil, slosh it around to mix it well,
then drain the tank as best you can knowing that you won't get it all out.
Use the gas in your car! I have had good results storing gas treated with
Sta-Bil for over 2 years.

In fact, last fall I winterized one of my boats including putting Sta-Bil in
the gas tank and have not used it all this year. I expect to use it next
summer and really don't expect any troubles.

By the way, it would be good to either run the carb dry or run the engine to
get some treated gas into it before you shut down for the season. This will
be certain that raw gas is not in the fuel pump, lines or carb.

Don Dando