posted to rec.boats.building,rec.woodworking

Default Marine plywood source

I was out yachting in my Nutshell pram this afternoon, when there was a
loud crunching noise followed by a loss of steering. Yup, snapped the
rudder clean in half.

Can anyone recommend a New England supplier of marine plywood, preferably
one that will sell fractional sheets? Googling has not been productive so
far.

Thanks,

Scott

On 13 Aug 2006 00:36:29 GMT, Scott Cramer wrote:

I was out yachting in my Nutshell pram this afternoon, when there was a
loud crunching noise followed by a loss of steering. Yup, snapped the
rudder clean in half.

Can anyone recommend a New England supplier of marine plywood, preferably
one that will sell fractional sheets? Googling has not been productive so
far.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott- Check this out. My guess is that if they cannot help you they
can direct you to who can.

http://www.buckwoodcraft.com/marine_plywood.htm
posted to rec.boats.building,rec.woodworking

Try Boulter http://www.boulterplywood.com/ and Noah's
http://www.noahsmarine.com/ .

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Scott Cramer" wrote in message
I was out yachting in my Nutshell pram this afternoon, when there was a
loud crunching noise followed by a loss of steering. Yup, snapped the
rudder clean in half.

Can anyone recommend a New England supplier of marine plywood, preferably
one that will sell fractional sheets? Googling has not been productive so
far.

Thanks,

Scott

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:32:44 -0400, "Glenn Ashmore"
wrote:

Try Boulter http://www.boulterplywood.com/ and Noah's
http://www.noahsmarine.com/ .

Very interesting, Glenn. How did you obtain the knowledge required to
build such a substantial craft?

wrote:

Try Boulter http://www.boulterplywood.com/ and Noah's
http://www.noahsmarine.com/ .

Very interesting, Glenn. How did you obtain the knowledge required to
build such a substantial craft?

You might also check with an outdoor sign company. You might be able to
get some HDO (High Density Overlay) slightly better than marine plywood.

posted to rec.boats.building,rec.woodworking

Can anyone recommend a New England supplier of marine plywood,
preferably one that will sell fractional sheets? Googling has not
been productive so far.

Scott- Check this out. My guess is that if they cannot help you they
can direct you to who can.

http://www.buckwoodcraft.com/marine_plywood.htm

Thanks, Joe - I'll be making some calls in the morning.

Scott
posted to rec.boats.building,rec.woodworking

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in news:IZEDg.9803$ok5.9316
@dukeread01:

Try Boulter http://www.boulterplywood.com/ and Noah's
http://www.noahsmarine.com/ .

Great - thanks for the leads. I'll check them out tomorrow.

Scott

WTB: Marine grade HARDWOOD plywood in Atlanta GA area Akston Boat Building 14 March 24th 06 04:20 PM
2005 West Marine catalog announed [email protected] General 23 March 5th 05 02:48 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Plywood & Fiberglass deck Adam Boat Building 4 September 27th 03 12:13 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM