Robert williams

Default Yanmar 3GM30F Hand start problems

Hi ,

I am looking for any ideas on adding hand starting to my new Yanmar 3gm30f
.. The motor comes with fresh water cooling and the belt for the engine
coolant pump runs right in front of the hand starting shaft ....the factory
has even put a cover over the shaft......have tried Yanmar dealer ....no
help ....

Bob

Dave W

Interesting situation, I had a 3GM30 with fwc and had no problem accessing
the hand start shaft. Something is obviously wrong. Have you tried asking
Mack Boring?
Dave

Andy Hall

"Robert williams" wrote in message ...
Hi ,

I am looking for any ideas on adding hand starting to my new Yanmar 3gm30f
. The motor comes with fresh water cooling and the belt for the engine
coolant pump runs right in front of the hand starting shaft ....the factory
has even put a cover over the shaft......have tried Yanmar dealer ....no
help ....

Bob

Bob: I also have a 3gm30f. On my engine if you flex the belt out of
the way, you can insert the crank. The belt rubs the crank a bit
which is not ideal. Good luck hand cranking! I have never been able
to get mine to crank-start.

I used to have a Volvo MD-11 that I could start with the crank. It
had a much larger flywheel.

I'll buy you a beer if you can get the yanmar going.

Mercury 60 HP Problems sunedog General 1 July 13th 04 09:52 PM
Mercruiser 470 Problems - can somebody help ? Olaf-C. Lepthien General 4 September 25th 03 08:02 AM