Andy Hall

Default Yanmar 3GM30F Hand start problems

"Robert williams" wrote in message ...
Hi ,

I am looking for any ideas on adding hand starting to my new Yanmar 3gm30f
. The motor comes with fresh water cooling and the belt for the engine
coolant pump runs right in front of the hand starting shaft ....the factory
has even put a cover over the shaft......have tried Yanmar dealer ....no
help ....

Bob

Bob: I also have a 3gm30f. On my engine if you flex the belt out of
the way, you can insert the crank. The belt rubs the crank a bit
which is not ideal. Good luck hand cranking! I have never been able
to get mine to crank-start.

I used to have a Volvo MD-11 that I could start with the crank. It
had a much larger flywheel.

I'll buy you a beer if you can get the yanmar going.