Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Reynaud

Default Foam kayak

Has anyone here ever built an kayak or canoe from polystyrene coated with
cloth and Epoxy? I'm in the process now and find that even one layer of
cloth and epoxy
are quite strong. Where the cockpit area is I have used 1/8" plywood as
the surrounding material as it will have the stress of body support. I plan
to use 3 laminations and then polyurethane as the finish . This is just a
simple explanation of the actual process I have used . I shall post
further if it is water worthy !!

Rey

2 part floatation foam Ed Kracl General 5 July 10th 04 03:14 AM
foam core Tom Best Boat Building 10 May 29th 04 12:57 PM
I tore up floatation foam steve General 2 May 3rd 04 11:27 PM
Foam Block To Bass Boat... can this be done? [email protected] Boat Building 2 April 11th 04 11:56 PM
foam core suppliers in uk matt Boat Building 1 September 16th 03 07:01 PM