posted to rec.boats.building
BillR

Default Catamaran plans?? 18-22' or so

Anyone know of small catamaran plans for a boat 18-22'?
I know of Weekender by Jones Boats, Janus and Shadow by RIchard Woods,
Wharram Tiki21, and Selway-Fisher CAT19.
Maybe there are others I'm not aware of?
I'm looking to build a small one with a deck, not just trampolines.
Thanks much.
(I haven't posted on here since about 2001!)

--
BillR
Whidbey Id (near Seattle)

posted to rec.boats.building

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 22:02:18 -0700, "BillR"
wrote:

Anyone know of small catamaran plans for a boat 18-22'?
I know of Weekender by Jones Boats, Janus and Shadow by RIchard Woods,
Wharram Tiki21, and Selway-Fisher CAT19.
Maybe there are others I'm not aware of?
I'm looking to build a small one with a deck, not just trampolines.
Thanks much.
(I haven't posted on here since about 2001!)

Check out K-designs economy cruiser

http://www.ikarus342000.com/ECOpage.htm

I am building their slightly larger (25') Eco7 right now and it seems
a very good design.

Weebles Wobble
(but they don't fall down)
posted to rec.boats.building
Robert Larder

"BillR" skrev i en meddelelse
. ..
Anyone know of small catamaran plans for a boat 18-22'?
I know of Weekender by Jones Boats, Janus and Shadow by RIchard Woods,
Wharram Tiki21, and Selway-Fisher CAT19.

There`s Ross Turner`s Jarcats, I guess the 7 would be about what you are
looking for.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/rhturner1/index.html

HTH
Bob larder

posted to rec.boats.building
Martin Schöön

"BillR" writes:

Anyone know of small catamaran plans for a boat 18-22'?
I know of Weekender by Jones Boats, Janus and Shadow by RIchard Woods,
Wharram Tiki21, and Selway-Fisher CAT19.
Maybe there are others I'm not aware of?
I'm looking to build a small one with a deck, not just trampolines.
Thanks much.
(I haven't posted on here since about 2001!)

What kind of sailing are you planning to do?
What kind of building skills do you have?
--
BillR
Whidbey Id (near Seattle)

Kurt Hughes http://www.multihulldesigns.com/ is in Seattle.
But as far as I recall all his small designs are tris.

--
Martin Schöön "Problems worthy of attack
show their worth by hitting back."
posted to rec.boats.building
BillR

THanks for all the replies.
Yes the Jarcat, ECOcat are interesting, and there's another really
interesting small catamaran at www.shellboats.com, it's the CrabClaw Cat.
Wow, I like the little cabin on that one and the unusual rig. Looks like
they sell complete boats or kits only, not plans. I'll call them tomorrow to
find out.
I mailed a letter to jonesboats.com today, so hope to speak with Thomas
Firth Jones soon re Weekender etc.
In Jones' book New Plywood Boats he says "there are several other designs
under 8.5' beam on the market", and that's why I posted here to see if you
folks might start listing them.
--
BillR
Whidbey Id (near Seattle)
. ..

Re paddle plans... VK1NF General 0 May 6th 06 11:14 PM
Mayday off coast of Mexico-rescued from catamaran Mic Cruising 78 February 8th 06 05:53 PM
kayak plans second post k General 8 November 27th 05 12:10 AM
WTB Kayak plans k General 15 November 14th 05 08:11 PM