posted to rec.boats.building
Chris

Default Spinnaker Pole - how high?

How high up on the mast should I put the hardware for a spinnaker pole?

Thanks!

posted to rec.boats.building
Matt Colie

Chris,
You have to give us some kind of idea what you are working with here.
Are you mounting a track or just a ring?
Are you racing or cruising?
Will you be running an A-sail or symetrical?
And if the latter how broad shouldered?
And lastly,
What are I (hoist height) & J (mast to stem head) of this rig?

Some one here can help, but shoulder hight is not necessarily a good
answer for all cases.

Matt Colie

Chris wrote:

How high up on the mast should I put the hardware for a spinnaker pole?

Thanks!

posted to rec.boats.building
Chris

I was planning on just a ring. (Btw., how do I attatch it to the mast?)
Relaxed day sailing and a bit of cruising.
Symmetrical, I am not sure how wide. (Comes from an Ericson 27)
I: 34.5, J: 11.5 (Newport 27S)

MOB pole light Roger Long Cruising 6 March 22nd 06 05:41 PM
where do you store the spinnaker pole? Jack Dale Cruising 1 January 3rd 06 06:29 PM
where do you store the spinnaker pole? Wayne.B Cruising 2 January 3rd 06 04:30 AM
where do you store the spinnaker pole? Rick Cruising 0 January 2nd 06 03:10 PM
where do you store the spinnaker pole? d parker Cruising 0 January 2nd 06 12:44 PM