Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building

Default Epoxy over fairing compound?

Hey all,
I'm the final stages of prepping a hull for painting. I've finsished
with sanding and fairing and have some large patches of fairing
compound, made out of epoxy and micoballoons, on the hull. Do I have to
put on another coat (oy!) of epoxy over the compound? Some authorities
say to go right to painting at this stage but others say the fairing
compound has to be sealed with epoxy. I really don't mind the extra
work but the hull is looking really good and I don't want to take the
chance of messing up the hull with an unneccessary step. Also, I'm
probably going to go with a coat of high hiding primer (the boat won't
be stored in the water). Opinions?

Thanks,

Paul