jleiby

Default Plywood Staining

I am presently building a composite plywood and epoxy/fiberglass kayak and
am interested in staining the plywood before applying epoxy. When I tried
general purpose stains the epoxy did not wet the wood well afterwards. Does
anyone have any suggestions about what types of stains will work?

thanks

Glenn Ashmore

I stick to analine dies. They come as a powder that is mixed with
water. As a die it will not fill the pores so the epoxy soaks in and
the overall bond is a lot better. Because it is water based it is best
to wet the surface with plain water first and let it dry to raise the
grain. Then sand smooth and apply the die. Let it dry again and apply
the epoxy.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com