Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats.building
Bob

Default Kiln dry v. Air Dry v. 50+ year old Lumber

Hi:

Does the age of the wood have any significant influence on wood
strength or flexibility?

I recently salvaged a bunch of 1950-60s 2x4 and 2x6 Doug fir. All near
clear VG. Of course they had been used for studs?!?!?

I am assuming that they were air dried due to a local mill operations
back then.
Bob

Kiln dry vs. Air Dry Lumber [email protected] Boat Building 10 April 19th 06 08:20 PM
Need a Plan to Protect Boat from UV and Mildew All Year Round - 2 [email protected] General 2 December 15th 05 06:25 AM
Amerika is Always at War jlrogers ASA 2 November 4th 05 09:20 PM
Best Day Sailing This Year Bart Senior ASA 28 November 2nd 05 04:16 AM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM