Max Camirand

Default making an on-demand water heater

I was looking at the nice little propane-powered units from Zodi
(zodi.com). They seem to be geared towards the camping/RV markets,
which would make them good for boats, unless you're afraid of propane.

Their most popular unit runs about 200$. This seems excessive for what
must essentially be a 20 000 BTU burner, some copper tubing and a 12V
electric pump. You wouldn't even need the pump, if you gravity-fed.

Has anyone built one of these? I'm considering cannibalising an old
camping-sized barbeque an welding up one of these bad boys.

Share your insights and experience!

-m

----
Boatbuilder-friendly small sawmill in Ottawa/Gatineau region.
steveb

Max Camirand lifted the trapdoor, peered
around and wrote:

Share your insights and experience!

mainly my fears would be of carbon monoxide, and proper design to remove
any risk of death

steveb
Max Camirand

around and wrote:

Share your insights and experience!

mainly my fears would be of carbon monoxide, and proper design to remove
any risk of death

steveb

Well, I was thinking of installing it in a box outside, on deck. Not
much risk there. Only the plumbing needs to run inside.

-m

----
Boatbuilder-friendly small sawmill in Ottawa/Gatineau region.