posted to rec.boats.building
Glenn Ashmore

Default High antimony lead source

Not that any of you are contemplating casting a keel but I just got a call
from a guy in northern New Jersey that needs to sell off about 10K pounds of
30% antimony lead and will deliver most places between southern New England
and Virginia. Mixed with pure lead scrap or wheel weights it could make a
fine keel. Email me if you want contact info. I have no personal interest
but thought I should let everyone know.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

posted to rec.boats.building
Ron Magen

Sounds like he 'bought out' an old print shop . . . that mix sounds like
what was used to make 'type slugs'.

Another use is for casting bullets. That mix would make some nice HARD lead
bullets. Good for .357 & .44 Magnum loads. Or rifle loads.

Tell him to try contacting some gun clubs, or 'local' shot makers . . . like
Lawrence . . . they may take the whole load..

Regards,
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
Not that any of you are contemplating casting a keel but I just got a call
from a guy in northern New Jersey that needs to sell off about 10K pounds

of
30% antimony lead

SNIP