Backyard Renegade

Default microwave linseed oil

Brian Nystrom wrote in message ...
dazed and confuzed wrote:
Brian Nystrom wrote:

This only occurs with very thin coatings or slivers of metal. Placing
a metal spoon or pan in a microwave will have no effect.

it does in my microwave

Does what?

Sounds like some of you are questioning us that have actually put pans
or spoons in microwaves. Rick, Brian, the rest, I have personally put
metal objects in microwaves by accident and on purpose and they
sparked and crackled. May be that technology has changed, or maybe you
have not done it but you can. Do a little experiment with mom's micro
and set a spoon or pan in and cook on high for a couple of minutes and
tell us of the real time results as opposed to these off handed
slights of our experiences? That would probably clear things up at
least for now. I will trust you, if you say nothing happened so be it,
I will know that technology has changed since the early 80's when I
sold the TI products.
Scotty
Brian Nystrom

Backyard Renegade wrote:

Sounds like some of you are questioning us that have actually put pans
or spoons in microwaves. Rick, Brian, the rest, I have personally put
metal objects in microwaves by accident and on purpose and they
sparked and crackled. May be that technology has changed, or maybe you
have not done it but you can. Do a little experiment with mom's micro
and set a spoon or pan in and cook on high for a couple of minutes and
tell us of the real time results as opposed to these off handed
slights of our experiences? That would probably clear things up at
least for now. I will trust you, if you say nothing happened so be it,
I will know that technology has changed since the early 80's when I
sold the TI products.
Scotty

I put metal utensils in the microwave all the time and it causes no
problems. The oven in question was purchased in the early 90's. Aluminum
foil is also no problem. Staples, twist ties and such will cause sparks
and fires, as I've accidentally discovered on a few occasions.

steveJ

I know a woman who put her cordless phone in the microwave and
accidently cooked it. Not sure if it sparked or not. I believe it
somehow effected her husband's boatbuilding activities though.

dazed and confuzed wrote:

[...]

Backyard Renegade

steveJ wrote in message ...
I know a woman who put her cordless phone in the microwave and
accidently cooked it. Not sure if it sparked or not. I believe it
somehow effected her husband's boatbuilding activities though.

So did you try this, or are we "still" talking and sniping based on
hearsay? I have done it, I have seen the sparks. But since experience
means little here, I will leave you all to your sniping... Like the
man said, "tell us what your gonna do tonight, tomorrow"... I guess I
should not talk about stitch and tape here either, guess I have not
read enough books...

dazed and confuzed wrote:

[...]

William R. Watt

I read the instructions for my microwave oven but I'm not
going to post here what it said - why spoil everyone's fun?
Why read instructions? They make life so much less interesting.
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm