steveJ

Default microwave linseed oil

It's a good idea and I have done similar things like melting
wax and even warming epoxy. But doesn't linseed oil have a really low
flashpoint temp. Something like 120 degrees or thereabouts?
William R. Watt wrote:
steveJ ) writes:

.. I
wouldn't hesitate to use the microwave if I knew how to judge how long
to leave it in.

that's why I only put it in for 30 seconds at medium heat each time.
you could, I suppose, put it in and press the "beverge" button but I never
use that. when I heat a mug of water for tea I put it in for 2-and-a-half
minutes on high, so there is no danger at those temperatures.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm