Dan

Default How to Remove Too-Thick Linseed Oil

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:07:13 GMT, Hodgie
wrote:

My wife got out of control with applying linseed oil to the interior teak
on our Morgan 32. She put it on too heavy and didn't wipe it off
completely. Now the wood is blotched with sticky, shiny areas. What a
disaster.

Any ideas on how to take the excess off? I want my rich, nourished-
looking, satin finish interior back.

At least the boat didn't spontaneoulsy combust...

Hodgie
(remove Q's from my address)

I would NOT use steel wool at all. Might leave rusty things behind.
Use brass wool if you must.

It also sound like you will need lots of ventilation with which ever
method you use. Be carefull.
Regards
Dan
John 3:16
P.C.

Hi

"Dan" skrev i en meddelelse
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:07:13 GMT, Hodgie
wrote:

Snip

It also sound like you will need lots of ventilation with which ever
method you use. Be carefull.
Regards
Dan
John 3:16

Then you did not read my reply or my english is to bad.
All you need is natural soap , gel type , the sort you proberly can find where
ever in the world as this is the oldest type of soap.
In this contry you used it for washing stairs and all other sorts of washing
except clotches and It is sold in small plastic bags either as brown or green
soap.
The Soap is gelly and will stay on vertical surfaces al depending how much water
you add, but removing paint and varnish you add so little, that it still is gel
like.
It is acturly much better than the paint removers you buy and can get sick from,
it is very cheap but it ask you to leave it on the surfaces for a day or two.
After that, you can just scrape and wash the paint or varnish off and the
surface is totaly clean ---------- it is a very "soft" method but please _don't
misread_ it as caustic soda that is somthing very different and quite dangouras
in wrong hands .
P.C.
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2648.html
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2649.html
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2647.html
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook.html
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/2663.html

Chris Crandall

A scraper will be easiest. Care must be taken to hold it flat and flush,
but it will peel that gunk right off.