Dan

Default How to Remove Too-Thick Linseed Oil

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:07:13 GMT, Hodgie
wrote:

My wife got out of control with applying linseed oil to the interior teak
on our Morgan 32. She put it on too heavy and didn't wipe it off
completely. Now the wood is blotched with sticky, shiny areas. What a
disaster.

Any ideas on how to take the excess off? I want my rich, nourished-
looking, satin finish interior back.

At least the boat didn't spontaneoulsy combust...

Hodgie
(remove Q's from my address)

I would NOT use steel wool at all. Might leave rusty things behind.
Use brass wool if you must.

It also sound like you will need lots of ventilation with which ever
method you use. Be carefull.
Regards
Dan
John 3:16