Bluetobb

Default Noob question about fiberglass/gelcoat

*Sorry for the second post I saw this group after my first post*

I tried to use the search function but could not come up with a
satisfactory answer. Let me preface my questions with the fact that I
have never owned more than a 12' row boat with a 9 hp motor and my
knowledge about boats reflect that haha. I am thinking about buying a
1994 bass boat that is all fiberglass. There is a little bubbling and
chipping on the top where you step in to the boat. This does not
really worry me as it seems it will not effect overall strength or
allow water in.

There is a second crack that is under the boat on the left side under
the water line. It looks like it may have hit something. There is a C
shaped crack about 10" to 12" long with small much lighter stress
cracks around it. I pushed on it and it seems strong but I can catch
my finger nail on the main C shapped crack as I drag my nails lighty
accross the bottom surface of the boat. Is this something to be
concerned about? What is the best and worst case senarios? How much
would it cost to have it repaired?