Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Max Camirand

Default odd request - wood species in French

Hi gang,

Bit of an unusual request, here. I've been reading about boatbuilding
and following this group regularily for a good many years, and am
finally getting ready to build my first boat.

The problem is that all these wood types I've learned about are in
English, and I only know about wood in Quebec French. I've tried using
English-French dictionaries, but they give me species names that I've
never heard before -- and I'm in the wood business! We don't use the
proper names, here in French Canada, so I need someone to point me to
a web page with the Quebecois names for common wood types like spruce,
fir, hemlock, etc.

Cheers!

-m

Wood rot in sheathed 1876 Smack Gerdjan Boat Building 9 November 12th 15 04:30 PM
OT--The French...again! NOYB General 8 December 29th 03 11:21 PM
Composite stringer grids Rich Stern General 55 November 23rd 03 02:24 AM
Steam bending basics?? steamer Boat Building 11 August 28th 03 04:29 PM
Lumber questions Russ B Boat Building 10 July 9th 03 12:29 PM