Ante Topic Mimara

Default Logo contest!

Mr. Gundlach:

Please check the email address you provided.

You have mail.

---
-
Topic-Mimara
Unique in the World!
---

-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

China

--
G'day Skip,
I hope one day you may find yourself over here on the

China
Wingham
NSW

Skip Gundlach

Contest update...

My apologies for taking so long (three weeks!) to get back to this, but
we've been a bit busy.

The first is that we declined the boat we'd thought we'd be applying the
logo to; more can be seen as to why at http://tinyurl.com/2udky - it's
enough to say that it was a good deal that we did (decline). Some other
sucker apparently didn't see this information, as it's showing pending
again - unless the owner changed his stripes, which is highly unlikely, as
those following this saga know about him from prior posts on the subject.

The second is that in that time, we've contracted for, surveyed and sea
trialed, and expect to close on in a week from today, another Morgan 46,
this time a cutter rigged sloop. This can be seen in the Tehemana directory
of the gallery, should you be interested to see where the logo will land.

However, the real reason for this update is to say that the entries I've
received to date are now posted at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery, in the
LOGO directory.

As we've selected our boat, the contest still stands; the original
information is left below. Those who have submitted an entry will be
getting a note from me later today. Y'all are encouraged to review the
entries, and come with some more. Ones without something sounding like a
name attached are ones I put up initially; the rest will be familiar to the
entrants!

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a
clear night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize

until
today is now resolved.

That's the name of our boat. There's more background than you'll want to
hear, but the challenge we've had is to come up with something which was
meaningful to both of us, and also to be unique. For reasons which are

not
germane to this group, we've settled on the name (long time followers -
err... sufferers - know it took a long time to settle on a boat!):

The Flying Pig

We already have shirts with one of those, which looks like the color one
shown in www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery, and click on the Logo folder,

but
think that might be a bit difficult to render in a logo form, such as

would
be embroidered, or put on stationery or "business" cards, and the like. We
have found some other instances of flying pigs, and none of them
particularly appeal to us (shown in the same folder).

Submission of entries for our logo are encouraged by dropping a line to
flyingpig at justpickone dot org. The winner (up to a couple) gets a

week's
cruise on the boat, wherever we are at the time they choose to take it,
following commissioning expected post 2004 hurricane season. Cruising
grounds will be throughout the Caribbean through November 2005, and
concentration in the Virgins for the following 7-8 months. Redemption of
the prize authorized until November 2006. Transportation to cruising site
not included :{)) We'll post the other entries as received, and notify

the
winner, publicly if desired.

L8R

Skip and Lydia, close enough to taste it...

--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are
quite alone on a great, wide sea, it is apt to occur to you that in the
general scheme of things you are merely an insignificant speck on the
surface of the ocean; and are not nearly so important or as

self-sufficient
as you thought you were. Which is an exceedingly wholesome thought, and

one
that may effect a permanent change in your deportment that will be greatly
appreciated by your friends."- James S. Pitkin

steveJ

Tell ya what skip.
If you come over and paint my house, I'll design you a Logo.
If you do a good job, I'll let everyone know.
If I do a good job, you pay me $800.00.
Whatdyasay?

Skip Gundlach wrote:
[...]

Skip Gundlach

"steveJ" wrote in message
Tell ya what skip.
If you come over and paint my house, I'll design you a Logo.
If you do a good job, I'll let everyone know.
If I do a good job, you pay me $800.00.
Whatdyasay?

I say I'm confused :{)) (Of course, some figure that's a perpetual state
with me, but I digress....)

Was I offering painting services, somehow? If so, I apologize. First, you'd
not want my services as I detest painting. Second, my right arm won't be
very productive (even worse than currently) for many months. A left-handed
paint job wouldn't be very good. Oh. Wait. You were only going to promote
my services. Since I don't want to be in that business, I'll pass.

I *thought* I was offering a week's captained cruise in the Caribbean in a
46 foot sailboat. Most places, that's worth a couple grand. In a sailing
group (not a design group) that seemed like an equitable trade, should
someone actually exert some effort on original design (vs parrotting
something which might be attractive to us). Somehow my painting your house
and paying you $800 for promotional services in the house painting field
doesn't compute in a boating group.

But then, I'm confused, not necessarily wise...

For those who wonder what this is all about, having taken place some time
ago, I'll be glad to mail you the particulars of the contest.

L8R

Skip and Lydia

--

Morgan 461 #2