Ron Magen

Default Polyester or Epoxy?

A number of years ago WEST printed a small article in their 'How To . . .'
magazine. {subscriptions are free, just call them}. It was on just this
subject and included a couple of dimensioned drawings.

The crux of the story/drawings was a method of employing 'stops' or 'steps'
on the pump shafts. By cutting the shapes from some 1/4inch material and
placing the proper 'end' between the pump 'head' and 'base', you can get a
REPEATABLE '50 percent' or '25percent' pump. I used Hardboard and painted
them each a different color and marked them.

With the a 'full pump' discharging approximately 1 ounce of 'mix', I have
the ability to also get 1/2 ounce and 1/4 ounce {approximately} quantities
for those small projects/uses. I use the 5 to 1 formulation . . . and the
set-up works just as well with my 'standard' RAKA epoxy.

Regards & Good Luck
Ron Magen
Backyard Boatshop

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
SNIP
I use the pump set from West. The easiest way to mix. One push on each

pump
and you have a smal dose of the perfect mix.

SNIP

Epoxy or Poly for poly repairs? Lloyd Sumpter Boat Building 14 January 4th 04 12:29 AM
epoxy does so pass water William R. Watt Boat Building 14 November 11th 03 12:52 PM
Epoxy sales carlp Boat Building 11 October 11th 03 08:57 PM
Polyester epoxy carlp Boat Building 8 October 2nd 03 09:07 PM
polyester - epoxy bonding Walt Boat Building 19 July 27th 03 06:37 PM