Dan

Default Building a RIB hull?

Hi,

I have an inflatable tender with a slat base and was wondering what it would
take to build a RIB type base to mount the existing tubes on?

Is it going to be cheaper to buy a RIB and keep the slat based boat as a
spare?

Has anybody done this before?

Cheers
Dan

Chris

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

I have an inflatable tender with a slat base and was wondering what it

would
take to build a RIB type base to mount the existing tubes on?

Is it going to be cheaper to buy a RIB and keep the slat based boat as a
spare?

I thought we went through this before.

It'd be cheaper to buy an already-built RIB than to convert a non.
Keep the slat as a spare.

Over40pirate

"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

I have an inflatable tender with a slat base and was wondering what it

would
take to build a RIB type base to mount the existing tubes on?

Is it going to be cheaper to buy a RIB and keep the slat based boat as a
spare?

I thought we went through this before.

It'd be cheaper to buy an already-built RIB than to convert a non.
Keep the slat as a spare.

If you can get to SW Florida, have I got a RIB for you! A freebie. I have an
old Avon 10' RIB behind the barn that is waiting to be thrown out. It's yours
for the taking. The tubes are beyond patching.
Email me at
James W. Sloan

Where in SW Fla?

Since we're on this topic..does anyone have a source for custom made Hypalon
(or similar) tubes? The only place I've found via web search is in France...

Thanks,

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

Backyard Renegade

"James W. Sloan" wrote in message ink.net...
Where in SW Fla?

Since we're on this topic..does anyone have a source for custom made Hypalon
(or similar) tubes? The only place I've found via web search is in France...

Thanks,

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

A friend of mine might know, but before I call him I need more info on
what you are trying to build. Let me know here or contact me off list.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

James W. Sloan

Scotty,

Although we all love wooden dinghys, a RIB is a really functional little
boat. If we could come up with a source for tubes built to order (reasonably
priced) we'd all have one more building avenue. I'm not opposed to working
up a plug and a few RIB molds from it. I think it would be nice to design
and buld your own version (maybe even one with sailing capabilities) rather
than settle for the grossly overpriced, non-custom production models.

Any info would be apprciated,

James Sloan
Saint Simons Island, GA

I need more info on
what you are trying to build. Let me know here or contact me off list.
Scotty from SmallBoats.com

Over40pirate

The freebie, Avon RIB hull is is Englewood, FL.
My Email is:

here's a guy in Toronto who does "retubing" in Hypalon. When my Zodiac
RIB (PVC) gets old, I'll retube at half the price of getting a new
RIB.

R.

http://www.mantainflatables.com/page7.html