posted to rec.boats.building

Default Generating plywood panels from hull sections

How do you expect it to be possible to show the build boats and the
accurate plans , even for lapstrake hulls that is not the useal smooth
surface CAD models of boats, no Cyber-Boat did bring it a step further
these jokers just didn't wanted that, and made usenet their evil
playground.
Still you proberly shuld look closer into the thing I promote instead
of this simple unfolding thing, acturly there are something much more
important than the shivering unfolded panels ,what they acturly are
placed on ,the framework you place any paneling ontop and that is much
more important than the unfolded surfaces ; that is the real challance
,realy unfolding are way overexposed it is nothing and the programming
are trivial , ---- think about it whatever you think you need it for
,it never brought what it promised and why -- becaurse it is as
important to have a structure undreneath the panels othervise they are
impossible to assemble into that shape being unfolded.

Anyway I gave up the proud boatsbuilding crafts ,the inviroment was
simply to poison and there was no bread in bringing beautifull boats
made with at those day's technology ,the homey's rather wanted Elegant
Elefants than nice boats and splendid design ,but true I still have the
software I didn't use for years but as I said, maby you shuld consider
if the computer unfolding realy are the important issue. Whatever you
need it for.
The Cyber-Boat guy don't exist like that anymore I had it with the
plesant gentlemen here and realy it is years since any nice
craftmanship been on display in this group ,if it was it would first
meet the slick guy's then the pretitors --- it proberly be the same guy
with just a fake usenet identity..

posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Nystrom

wrote:
[...]

snip

Fine, I'm perfectly willing to accept that it's a nice design package,
but where is it available? I'm beginning to feel like I'm chasing
unicorns. It is real or just a memory? Is it a stand-alone package or
does one need AutoCad or another Cad package to use it? Please answer
these questions, rather than just complaining about the past. I can't do
anything about that and reading about it isn't addressing my needs.

posted to rec.boats.building

Hi

Brian you are welcome to email me . I will ansver your call as I see
you mean this serious.
P.C.

posted to rec.boats.building

But Brian please understand, that offcaurse the exact software you ask
; realy would you think it wasn't the idea to share both designs and
old for me old fasion applications , boatsbuilding was over with my
Cyber-Boat experience ,and as it seem ,and even I now mean that silli
unfolding are not the issue ,then offcaurse the software _and_ the
designs I build just to document the method ,shuld realy both be public
avaible. ---- My sad exchouse why I lost the reson to do it ,and
acturly found it irelevant to build further on a dead end building
method ; now I just say that nomatter how exact you cut thin metal
sheet then without something to place the panels on or lock together ,
realy unfolding are quite trivial the real issue is what to put the
unfolded panels on to , -- if you have the framework you could even do
the lofting the old boatsbuilder way on site on a framework that's
nothing.
Guess why I sort of lost the drive even I maneaged to upload all the
most important Cyber-Boat drawings into the Yahoo groups, realy it was
the idea to also publish the applications and, even they are old and
dusty, they seem to do exactly what still is expected , but give me
just one reson why even bother .
I think I once placed all the software on a floppy --- you load a new
AutoCAD menu where the various design tools are listed with a screen
menu. But realy ; why even bother ; if so I shuld publish the Lisp
applications ,the code that make up each application , well why not.

You see the method are difficult and unless there are a planned
structure ,it is a mess nomatter how accurate the sheets are cut, so I
guess I don't "lose" anything, publishing software that was relevant
for me as boatsbuilder 20 years ago )