Brian Blazer

Default pirogue boat kit

This month at the site www.spaltedboard.com you can win a free pirogue
boat kit!. There is nothing to buy, no spam, no catches.
www.spaltedboard.com is a woodworking forum that has been online for
over a year with over 500 current members. Every month there is a new
freebie. All you have to do is be the randomly selected
poster/contributer. Just being a member is not enough, you have to
participate to win.

Go to www.spaltedboard.com and read the home page for complete details.

The Spalted Board receives no outside income from any companies, and
does not have pop-ups. As a matter of fact, there is no advertising at
all. No commercial anything. Just a bunch of guys that love working
with wood.

Brian

William R. Watt

Brian Blazer ) writes:
This month at the site www.spaltedboard.com you can win a free pirogue
boat kit!. There is nothing to buy, no spam, no catches.
www.spaltedboard.com is a woodworking forum that has been online for
over a year with over 500 current members. Every month there is a new
freebie. All you have to do is be the randomly selected
poster/contributer. Just being a member is not enough, you have to
participate to win.

yes, but the more registered participating members there are, the lower
any member's chance of winning the monthly freebee becomes. just out of
curiosity how much would it cost to ship a pirogue kit to a registered
participating member in New Zealand? the UK?

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Backyard Renegade

(William R. Watt) wrote in message ...
Brian Blazer ) writes:
This month at the site
www.spaltedboard.com you can win a free pirogue
boat kit!. There is nothing to buy, no spam, no catches.
www.spaltedboard.com is a woodworking forum that has been online for
over a year with over 500 current members. Every month there is a new
freebie. All you have to do is be the randomly selected
poster/contributer. Just being a member is not enough, you have to
participate to win.

yes, but the more registered participating members there are, the lower
any member's chance of winning the monthly freebee becomes. just out of
curiosity how much would it cost to ship a pirogue kit to a registered
participating member in New Zealand? the UK?

The guy is a spammer, pure and simple. Check out his posting history
he
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...anandkate.com+
I am actually surprised he even followed his post to answer you, most
spammers don't bother.
Spammers, are the scum of the earth.
Scotty
Chris

Scott,

did you actually read the 338 postings of
the posting history you dug up? I didn't, but
just skimming over the first two or three
dozen I found a few postings in which he
advertises his site and many more in which
he nicely posts on the subject.

Not exactly what I would call 'Spammers, the
scum of the earth'.

Chris

The guy is a spammer, pure and simple. Check out his posting history
he
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...anandkate.com+
I am actually surprised he even followed his post to answer you, most
spammers don't bother.
Spammers, are the scum of the earth.
Scotty

Backyard Renegade

Chris wrote in message ...
Scott,

did you actually read the 338 postings of
the posting history you dug up? I didn't, but
just skimming over the first two or three
dozen I found a few postings in which he
advertises his site and many more in which
he nicely posts on the subject.

Not exactly what I would call 'Spammers, the
scum of the earth'.

Chris

Being in the internet business, I know what spam costs, directly to me
and my company. I can't even begin to estimate just how much it costs
just me, in man hours, bandwidth, programming etc, just to keep my
customers up and running. I have some email accounts that I need to do
business that I filter upwards of 4000 spam messages a day from, and I
have dozens of accounts like this. I also have hundreds of customers
who also have dozens of similar accounts, I need to stand between them
and spammers, it takes a lot of my resources so I guess I am a little
touchy about the subject. Maybe they are not the scum of the earth to
you, but what do you do. What if I came to your work and dumped
garbage in your office, enough so you had to spend a couple of hours a
day to clean it up. Oh, almost forgot to mention, you get to pay me to
dump the garbage in your office (I eat most of the bandwidth generated
by these guys). This guy may not be a big time spammer, but what he
did here is still spam, pure and simple. Some folks like it, I don't,
thank you for allowing me my opinion.
Scotty

The guy is a spammer, pure and simple. Check out his posting history
he
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...anandkate.com+
I am actually surprised he even followed his post to answer you, most
spammers don't bother.
Spammers, are the scum of the earth.
Scotty

Chris

and spammers, it takes a lot of my resources so I guess I am a little
touchy about the subject. Maybe they are not the scum of the earth to

This guy may not be a big time spammer, but what he
did here is still spam, pure and simple. Some folks like it, I don't,
thank you for allowing me my opinion.
Scotty

A bit touchy indeed. Sorry for interfering with
your right of free crusade, I forgot that this one
was added to your constitution recently.

Chris
BB

Ok now, show of hands..........

Who of you followed the link in the post.....................

Who of you read any text on the site or looked at the plans for some oak
adjustable clamps..............

What I saw happen, is someone said this person was a spammer and the fire
caught.

For the price of your experience you will be entered in a drawing to win a
boat kit.

Boating Group ?

Aren't we interested in stuff that has to do with building boats?

If this kind of sharing of information, common to anyone that works with
wood, is so bad - why are we participating on this rec.boats board?

I must have missed something.

Bill
"Brian Blazer" wrote in message
This month at the site www.spaltedboard.com you can win a free pirogue
boat kit!. There is nothing to buy, no spam, no catches.
www.spaltedboard.com is a woodworking forum that has been online for
over a year with over 500 current members. Every month there is a new
freebie. All you have to do is be the randomly selected
poster/contributer. Just being a member is not enough, you have to
participate to win.

Go to www.spaltedboard.com and read the home page for complete details.

The Spalted Board receives no outside income from any companies, and
does not have pop-ups. As a matter of fact, there is no advertising at
all. No commercial anything. Just a bunch of guys that love working
with wood.

Brian

Ron Alexander

How do you define spam?

This forum is about boat building. Most of us use wood and woodworking
skills to build boats. He is informing us of a wood working resource. AFAIK,
that's what it's all about.

I also hate spam (just logged in and had over 60 spam e-mails). The spam
blizzard started just after Microsoft announced extra storage for extra $.
Coincidence?

Regards,
Wooden boat builder looking for internet resources.

om...

Brian Blazer ) writes:
[...]

steveb

"Ron Alexander" lifted the trapdoor, peered around
and wrote:

How do you define spam?

Unsolicited commercial posting ... there, that was easy.

Usenet conventions allow regular contributors (including commercial) to
include a link to their sites in a short sig. file.

Personal recommendations from those with no gain are also generally
considered to be ok.

steveb

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM