Rufus

Default Chainplate pitting corrosion

SS supplier (amoung other things): Alco in San Leandro 510-562-1107

They let you prospect the yard. Advice given freely, but I suggest you
go for the older counter help if you want advice. Also sell new stuff.

Your quote come from a shop in SF? That still sounds pretty high. If
you like, you could get it cut by the supplier (+$5 if I recall), drill
it yourself, then get a shop to bend it on their roller machine. You'd
need to either supply a sample for the angle or spec it yourself.
Chamfer the edges _slightly_ yourself with a dremel tool - also the
edges of the holes. Of if the shop will give you a good price, have them
finish it as well as bend it. The hardest part would be rounding the
ends - a grinder would do it, but I think you'd need to finish with a
file to get it clean.

If the bend is small, you could do it yourself with a real heavy shop
vice and a small sledge hammer. Drill the holes after since you can
locate them exactly.

Rufus