Default Nesting dinghy clamps

In the course of building my Tolman Skiff, I bought two new large "C"
clamps for about $10.00 each. When I got home, I found they are of an
unusual design. They have a push button that allows the screw to slide
until released and then you tighten it normally. They also seem to be
made of some alloy as they are lighter than steel ones of the same
size. This concept is just what I need to replace the bolts and nuts I
use to hold my nesting dinghy togetther if they just had a deeper
throat. Anybody seen such?

Hmm, I found some "speed nuts" in the MSC catalogue where you press a
button on the side to allow them to slide. They are $6.72 each which
may be ok.

The Best Dinghy! Capt. Rob ASA 1 November 11th 05 02:49 AM
Watertender 8.8 dinghy for sale Steve Schwartz General 0 November 5th 05 08:53 PM
painting a fiberglass dinghy [email protected] Boat Building 5 October 30th 05 02:13 PM
Stowing Dinghy on Pacific Seacraft 34 db9 Cruising 13 October 14th 05 06:18 PM