dadiOH

Default Nesting dinghy clamps

wrote:
In the course of building my Tolman Skiff, I bought two new large "C"
clamps for about $10.00 each. When I got home, I found they are of an
unusual design. They have a push button that allows the screw to
slide until released and then you tighten it normally. They also
seem to be made of some alloy as they are lighter than steel ones of
the same size. This concept is just what I need to replace the bolts
and nuts I use to hold my nesting dinghy togetther if they just had a
deeper throat. Anybody seen such?

They are called "speed nuts". The holes are larger than bolt diameter
and out of round so that when they are tilted the threads aren't engaged
and the nut can be slid. Usually, they are thinnish, stamped metal but
you can also find them regular size too.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at