Jacques Mertens

Default 5 gal epoxy prices < $60/gal ?

Our System Three resin sells for a lot less: $ 39.00 a gallon per 5 gallons.
http://www.boatbuildercentral.com/products.php?id=3

I am not certain of the exact viscosity because it depends on the hardener.
The resin is around or below 600 centipoise. In all cases, I would test a
sample: viscosity is only one factor and viscosity is really difficult to
measure anyway. The standard is Haake but who knows what is used?
I would test.

Once you go above 15 gallons, we can supply Phase 2 which has a lower
viscosity.
--
Jacques
http://www.bateau.com

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
I need 5 to 10 gal of a light low viscosity epoxy [approx 600 cps @ 70
deg Fahrenheit] and have not discovered anything for less than about
$60/gal.

Is that about as good as I'm going to do ?

Thank you,
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

Greg

Jacques,
I am familiar with the West 105 resin and associated hardners. How does the
System 3 compare? I have had trouble finding the time and money to become
expert enough trying different epoxies. West is running me around $80 a
gallon including the hardner, but it works really well for the stictch and
glue boats like the PK78 and the Nymph I am now completing. I would dearly
love to lower my cost. Will/can you advise us in a way that the non-chemist
would appreciate and understand the answer? You are an expert boat builder
and designer. I value your opinion.
Thankyou,
Greg Luckett

"Jacques Mertens" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Jacques Mertens

We choose to sell System Three for several reasons.
I had experience with WEST, System Three and other resins well before
deciding on which one to sell.
For our applications, all name brand resins produce a good result. What
differs is the ease of use and price.
System Three will blush a lot less than WEST. It is more forgiving in case
of small mistakes in the mixing ratio. It wets the glass easier and has a
lower viscosity.

"Greg" wrote in message
[...]

Greg

I ordered a sample kit from System Three. The next boat on my list to build
is a Spindrift 12 from B&B. I have had the plan set since early this year.
I may well use System Three instead of West Systems.
Thanks again Jacques,
Greg.

@
70
deg Fahrenheit] and have not discovered anything for less than

about
$60/gal.

Is that about as good as I'm going to do ?

Thank you,
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny
lying Oriental, NC

OT Gas prices ARE BushCo's fault basskisser General 50 June 8th 04 05:35 PM
Where are the best places for marine audio prices? Jensen Feedback? Bchbound General 2 March 14th 04 01:57 AM
epoxy does so pass water William R. Watt Boat Building 14 November 11th 03 12:52 PM
Epoxy sales carlp Boat Building 11 October 11th 03 08:57 PM
Polyester epoxy carlp Boat Building 8 October 2nd 03 09:07 PM