ddi

Default Cost of Marine Diesel

I am doing some cost projections for some large boats.
What is the cost of diesel in your area?

Steve

Marine diesel is the same fuel sold for 'non-highway' use. Like farming and
stationary engines. If you purchase the fuel from a distributer for these
purposes the price will be about $.50 to $.80 cheaper than at the marina
fuel dock.

I only purchase fuel about once a year for my boat or other non-highway
purposes and I generally wait for the fuel prices to drop to around $1/gal
at the local distributer. If I'm going to need ~ 100gal + they will deliver
it, even to the marina dock. Since my marina no longer sells fuel, I haven't
heard any objections.

I'm afraid I can't say what the current price is at the marina pumps. The
summer it was $1.76 at Pleasant Harbor, WA.

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

BruceM

93 cents a litre here.........

Of course that's in Australia tho!
4.546 litres to the imperial gallon. Convert that into yanky galls & you
have ............... um..... Oh what the heck I aint goin' anywhere without
it so just fill'er up cobber!!
BruceM

"Steve" wrote in message
[...]

Steven Dubnoff

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:37:46 -0400, "ddi" wrote:

I am doing some cost projections for some large boats.
What is the cost of diesel in your area?

For the West Coast, from the Fisheries Economics Data Program, here is
some good time-series data on the costs of diesel fuel.

http://www.psmfc.org/efin/data/fuel.html

For current Puget Sound prices:

http://www.yachtlease.com/Fuel.html

Steve

Steven Dubnoff
Circle Systems We make your data instantly usable.
Download Stat/Transfer from
http://www.stattransfer.com
1001 Fourth Avenue, #3200 (206) 682-3783
Seattle, WA 98154 Fax (206) 328-4788

diesel lift pump, marine vs auto. Mike General 2 July 17th 04 08:40 PM
UK red diesel costs. Ken Baker General 0 May 25th 04 02:40 PM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
Habbi's gearcase full of water K Smith General 9 December 26th 03 11:48 AM
Surveying a used boat -- Cost Effective? DSK General 2 August 4th 03 04:56 PM