Greg

Default Fein detail sander sand paper

I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it. The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Glenn Ashmore

I have not found it locally but Highland hardware in Atlanta carries it
in their mail order catalog. Look for their web site. I go to Ibex
every year and just order a years supply at show prices.

Greg wrote:
I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it. The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Ed Edelenbos

I just searched to find what they look like... it is possible that the
pads that fit on the Ryobi detail sander might fit (or at least come
close enough to only need a little trimming). Or:

http://tools.mainseek.com/1629R1589_...der-Paper.html
http://www.tools-n-such.com/d/Detail_Sander/
http://tools-shop.yellowpages.pl/123...der-Paper.html

I found these with Yahoo search...

Or: what I did with my random orbital sander (which was made for sticky
discs) was to buy a replacement hook and loop pad and glue it on. It
works like a charm. You could get one and trim it down to the right
size for the Fein. You'd probalby be able to get at least 2 out of a 5"
circular pad.

Ed

Greg wrote:
I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it. The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

The spam finally got to me.
To email me, change "spam" to "speak"

Larry

Greg, look a little further up the list at the post of September 28, 2003
8:40 PM and there are lots of sandpaper sources that include the type you so
desire.

--
(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

"Greg" wrote in message
I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it. The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Glenn Ashmore

DO NOT substitute paper. The three major factors for the effectiveness
of the Fein are the stroke pattern, the mass of the motor and the very
short hooks and loops in the pad and paper. Fien paper has much shorter
loops than any other H&L paper I have found. Long loops mean lost motion.

Greg wrote:

I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it.
The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

YSTay

Greg, what I have done is use regular 3M sticky back paper (available almost
everywhere). I stick it on then trim the edges. Works well but may not be
cost effective - I'm not sure but it was handy and saved me a trip to the
hardware shop. I buy these in rolls of 100 discs.

Cheers,
Arnold

sour (max camirand)

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:42:13 -0400, "Greg" wrote:

I purchased a Fein detail sander a few months ago and really like it. The
problem is finding replacement sanding discs. This unit uses the sticky
backed kind rather than the hook and loop type. Where can I find
replacement sanding triangles?
Thanks,
Greg Luckett

Glue a hook and loop backing to the tool. Then you can use all of the
hook and loop sanding discs you please.

-m
Greg

I do not want to use the hook and loop paper. It cost a lot more than the
pressure sensitive paper and I use a lot of sandpaper. In any case, I could
purchase the H&L pads for the Fein from Amazon or several other places, if
that is what I wanted to do, rather than resort to modifying the tool. I am
not much of a fan of hook & loop systems. When I occasionally wish to
switch grits on the orbital I put the used one on the wax backing of the new
one and set it aside. This works fine.
Thanks anyway,
Greg.

news