Jim Conlin

Default my interior vaneer is delaminating,..

Epoxy is ideal for veneering boat parts. If the part is lying flat when the
veneer is applied, don't use a thickener in the epoxy. If not, thicken very
slightly with flox (WEST #403) or colloidal silica - runnier than
mayonnaise. Vacuum bagging is a good way to clamp the veneer.
The epoxy will bleed through if you've applied enough. Worry if it
doesn't.. Scrape and sand it off.

"ahoy" wrote in message
I used 1088 ply and glued a fitch (?) of excellent looking vaneer over
the top with elmers waterproof glue. I spread both surfaces and let
them dry then ironed the vaneer on. I looked perfect, very
professional and with the varnish was rather impressive though I say
it myself. So up it goes on the done-for-now shelf in my damp shop
which I use to simulate a boat environment. I take it down to fit 3
months later and discover large bubbles where the vaneer has lifted. I
tried another piece with west system as a glue but it soaked through
the vaneer in blotches and looked awful. thanks again.