Default How do I tell my wife

I just spent $1014 on marine ply for building a Tolman Skiff. YIKES,
my other three boats cost very little so my wife was tolerant but I am
not sure how she will react now.

Roger Derby

Just hoping you included enough overage for scrap so you can make a dog
house too?

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just spent $1014 on marine ply for building a Tolman Skiff. YIKES,
my other three boats cost very little so my wife was tolerant but I am
not sure how she will react now.

I hid the epoxy and glass in my business acct., sigh!

William R. Watt

Perhaps you could remind her of all the trouble you could get into if you
weren't busy building a boat, for example chasing after other wimmen. Try
quoting something about idle hands doing the devil's work.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Bowgus

Well with that kind of business savvy (and a pencil), I'm sure the $1014
could very easily be depreciated to $10.14 : )

wrote in message
ups.com...
I hid the epoxy and glass in my business acct., sigh!

Brian D

Been here yet (see below)?

Or how about: http://www.fishyfish.com ?

Or my web site: http://www.reelboats.com ?

Which version are you building? Where and how will you use it? What are
you going to put into the boat ...simple and light, or full house or what?

Congrats on your project start!

Brian D

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just spent $1014 on marine ply for building a Tolman Skiff. YIKES,
my other three boats cost very little so my wife was tolerant but I am
not sure how she will react now.

I am building a 20' standard skiff. I want to keep things fairly light
for ease of towing and launch. We will probably use her with myself,
wife, and my two younger kids for simple exploring the bays, rivers,
barrier Islands, and salt marshes of N. FL. I intend a few
overnighters and since we do a lot of camping, we will carry some
camping equip.
My intention is to use the Tolman for the sort of putzing around
exploring and taking her to the Keys I'd like to do, sell my 28'
in-the-water sailboat, then also build a 27' trailerable tri to satisfy
me sailing need.

Thanks for your link.

Brian D

At the fishyfish site (http://www.fishyfish.com ), take a look at Dave
Wright's Standard. He put a nice looking, but light weight and usable,
cuddy on his. The pix show it, but he hasn't got the windshield on it yet.
Looks nice anyway!

Have fun! Stop by the Yahoo group and say hi to everyone. Lots of helpful
people there.

Brian D

oups.com...