Glenn Ashmore

Default Finally! A source for long SS bolts!

I have spent a year now looking for 1/2 -13 x7" flat head stainless
machine screws for my stem fitting. I have checked with every vendor
suggested here and many others with no luck. I found them by accident
yesterday at boltdepot.com. Not cheap but beggars can't be choosers.

And before I hear the knee jerk "Jamestown Distributors", they only go
up to 5".

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Rufus

Glen, over the past years you've contributed some of the most
interesting analysis, methods, and best references this group has seen.

The place won't be the same when you cast off. G

And thanks. Rufus

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I have spent a year now looking for 1/2 -13 x7" flat head stainless
machine screws for my stem fitting. I have checked with every vendor
suggested here and many others with no luck. I found them by accident
yesterday at boltdepot.com. Not cheap but beggars can't be choosers.

And before I hear the knee jerk "Jamestown Distributors", they only go
up to 5".

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Glenn Ashmore

Rufus wrote:
Glen, over the past years you've contributed some of the most
interesting analysis, methods, and best references this group has seen.

The place won't be the same when you cast off. G

Don't worry, it will be a while. Sometimes I think satellite broadband
at sea will be under $19.995 a month before I get this D#*&%d boat in
the water! :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Keith

They've even got most things in silicon bronze! Now if they just had square
drive screws. Actually, I don't need them now. Got a lifetime supply from
McFeeley's to redo my decks.

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I have spent a year now looking for 1/2 -13 x7" flat head stainless
machine screws for my stem fitting. I have checked with every vendor
suggested here and many others with no luck. I found them by accident
yesterday at boltdepot.com. Not cheap but beggars can't be choosers.

And before I hear the knee jerk "Jamestown Distributors", they only go
up to 5".

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Jim Woodward

And right around the corner from me -- I've never heard of them. The
Ashmore search engine strikes again....

A source you may not think of for this sort of thing is McMaster Carr,
www.mcmaster.com. Their catalog runs around 2400 pages of all sorts
of industrial supplies. They're more expensive than Jamestown, but
have a lot of things that Jamestown doesn't -- 5/16 brass bolts for
wiring, for example, including connector nuts 7/8" long. Their web
site is a lot easier to use than Jamestown. No 7" SS bolts, though.

At $13 each, couldn't you figure out a different way to do whatever
you're doing?

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com