Glenn Ashmore

Default Book about structural design ?

Two books I would recommend are Elements of Boat Strength by David Gerr
and Principles of Yacht Design by Lars Larsson and Rolf Eliasson.
Principles is by far the more complete and technical book but you better
be strong on math and not "metrically challanged" like me. Elements
is a bit more understandable and provides formulas in English and metric.

VG wrote:
With at least some lines dealing with displacement (ie non planning)
powerboats in plywood (classical, not stich and glue) , length 30'.

subsidary question :
Does "Guide for building and classing Motor Pleasure Yachts" from ABS deals
with above powerboats ? Or other regulations 'Lloyds ???)

Thanks for using your time to answer.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

William R. Watt

Glenn Ashmore ) writes:

...Elements
is a bit more understandable and provides formulas in English and metric.

and graphs for the mathematically challenged

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Stephen Baker

Martin S says:

Hmm, serioulsy, if you really are mathematically challenged you should
maybe stay away from structural engineering or any other engineering
for that matter.

Hmmmmm...

Steve pulls up a chair...