Brian D

Default Book about structural design ?

Sigh ...some things are best just watched from comfortable spectator
seats...

"Schöön Martin" wrote in message
"Brian D" writes:

Ok, how about "unpredictable". Sure, you can make reasonable estimates.
Then some guy with big eyes and small brain decides to set a new air

speed
record off the top of a wave, only to slam into a BIG wave right after.

If
you could guarantee prudent use, you might be able to better estimate

loads.

Brian

Right, not even the safest of cars (Volvo?) survive being driven off
a cliff.

Then you have the racing crowd who do things normally not regarded as
prudent...

http://www.multihulls.org/clublinks.html
that kind of sailing isn't regarded as particularly wild. It's a
5 tonne boat, 60'x60' on the water.

Another one: http://www.bonduelle.fr/htm/voile/fdecran/1024/01.jpg
and http://www.zedda.com/news_details.php?ID=37#
but these two does not represent severe load cases (flat water).

I have seen wilder things but don't seem to be able to locate them
again.

Cheers,

Martin Schöön

"Problems worthy of attack