Roger Boesch

Default Vacuum bagging question

Sorry e-mail adress in my post is not valid.
Please use this one...

Sorry

Glenn Ashmore

You have probably seen Space bags on those insomniavision
infomercials sucking down pillows and ski sweaters down to 1/5 their
size. They are basically a heavy duty zip lock baggy with a self
sealing vacuum cleaner port. You might invest $20 is a set of six
"Space Bags" from Sampsonite. Chop out the valve with plenty of
material around it and stick it on your bagging material with vacuum tape.

Once the vacuum cleaner gets the bag down use your pump to maintain the
pressure. Most domestic vacuum cleaners use the air they suck for motor
cooling. If you keep it running on a tight bag the motor will burn out.

Roger Boesch wrote:
I've a vacuum pump which is to small for the larger parts but works fine for

most of the smaller panels used in my design.

For larger panels, i will support the vacuum pump with a hoover at start

time which works also very good.

My problem now:

When i remove the hoover, all the air comes inside (of course) very fast

until i've closed the adatptor.

Has anyone of you a good solution for this or are any special parts on the

market for that purpose ?

Hope anyone can help me with a good idea...

Best regards

Roger

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

MIDEMETZ

Use something like a ping pong ball. With a little PVC plumbing you should be
able to make a one way valve. A kitchen sink stopper might also work,
depending on the size of the hole.

Mike
**********
I've a vacuum pump which is to small for the larger parts but works fine for
most of the smaller panels used in my design.
For larger panels, i will support the vacuum pump with a hoover at start time
which works also very good.
My problem now:
When i remove the hoover, all the air comes inside (of course) very fast until
i've closed the adatptor.
Has anyone of you a good solution for this or are any special parts on the
market for that purpose ?
Hope anyone can help me with a good idea...

Best regards

Roger

Roger Boesch

Thanks for all the tips & hints.