William R. Watt

Default Peddle Boats

for a track system you only want it to go front to back. how do you get it
to return if its all underwater? they run snowmobiles short distances
over water but the top of the belt is above water.

if you try hinged blades you have to figure out how to get them to lie
flat on the back-to-front return trip as they will be hinged the wrong
way.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm
Stephen Baker

Scotty says:

Still have that
steering problem though.

One small track each side? Variable diff off the pedals controlled from a
handlebar?

Just a thought....

Steve
Ron Thornton

Probably more doable with wheels than tracks. In the dark recesses of
my memory I seem to recall seeing a number of vehicles (probably
prototypes) over the years that used the wheels for propulsion on water.
One had 8 wheels and was about the size of a John Deare ATV. Not fast
but versatile. Could be useful on backwaters to get to a remote fishing
hole and a lot quieter than an air boat.

Ron

Al

Probably more doable with wheels than tracks.

a thought does strike me that if cunningly engineered suitably stupidly
outsized wheels on a stupidly light body could be used, they could provide
all the lift bouyancy required... you'd want some very efficient mudguards
though... and you'd have no problem getting over quicksand either.

Al

William R. Watt

"Al" ) writes:

a thought does strike me that if cunningly engineered suitably stupidly
outsized wheels on a stupidly light body could be used, they could provide
all the lift bouyancy required... you'd want some very efficient mudguards
though... and you'd have no problem getting over quicksand either.

I've seen a kind of water tricycle made of three large wheels with big
treads like a farm tractor. Used to see it tied up to a houseboat on
the Rideau Canal. Probably used it to commute to shore.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

Lund Avery Hightower General 6 June 4th 04 05:14 PM
VEC build techniques to become more prevalent Gould 0738 General 0 December 9th 03 02:03 AM
Sea Ray Boats, Mid-Atlantic Dealers Announce Post-Hurricane Recovery Initiatives bomar General 0 October 2nd 03 10:15 PM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM
Marina fire destroys 25 boats near Orlando -v- General 1 July 27th 03 09:43 PM