Ed Edelenbos

Default Info... WeeSort sailboat

Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the WeeSort was? Or have any
info on the boat itself? Or know where plans could be had (not esp.
looking for free plans but I won't complain if they are)? Anyone have a
pic of one?

It was a small 12' sloop rig dagerboard boat. I used to sail one in the
'60s.

Ed

Rick Tyler

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:46:49 -0400, Ed Edelenbos
wrote:

Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the WeeSort was? Or have any
info on the boat itself? Or know where plans could be had (not esp.
looking for free plans but I won't complain if they are)? Anyone have a
pic of one?

It was a small 12' sloop rig dagerboard boat. I used to sail one in the
'60s.

I only found two Google hits:
http://www.sailing.ca/competitive/ma...01numbers.shtm and
http://www.paceship.org/Stories/RJoh..._paceships.htm. Both
mention WeeSorts, but have nothing to say about them.

Struck out, I did.

- Rick Tyler

Ed Edelenbos

Dave, excellent resource... a million thanks.

Ed

Dave Cannell wrote:
Try the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, I think they build several for
sail training. http://www.cbmm.org/

Dave Cannell

Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Edelenbos View Post
Does anyone know who the manufacturer of the WeeSort was? Or have any
info on the boat itself? Or know where plans could be had (not esp.
looking for free plans but I won't complain if they are)? Anyone have a
pic of one?

It was a small 12' sloop rig dagerboard boat. I used to sail one in the
'60s.

Ed
They were built at Indian Landing Boat Club on the Severn River. Members of the Boat Club built them in their basements. I believe one of the families who built them were the Deirdorffs.