OldNick

Default Retails sales LED Buck-boost

I have searched till I am blue in the whatsit for a retail supply
store for the news(ish) buck-boost LED drivers (eg: LTC3453 -
Synchronous Buck-Boost High Power White LED Driver
), which look like the duck's nuts for setting up LED lamps, torches
etc.

I have seen a hundred articles about them, and prices per thousand
etc...but have seen not one site that retailed them.

I live in Australia, but if US store willsell to me, that's no biggy.

Thanks for any help
Roger Derby

From the "LEDS Magazine" web site:
Summary of Features: LTC3453
snip
Contact
Call toll-free 1-800-4-LINEAR (for literature only)
North America
John Hamburger
Tel: (408) 432-1900 ext. 2419
E-mail:
Web site:
http://www.linear.com

I'd suggest you e-mail John Hamburger asking where you can obtain a
"prototyping kit" for use in a product you are developing.
Linear Technologies also sells/gives away such kits to potential customers.

They'll be disappointed that you aren't ready to discuss the project yet.

(You should have heard the strange follow-up phone calls I got when I was
playing with the design of a steam car. Luckily, much of the work our group
was actually engaged in was classified.)

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

"OldNick" nsremovable.iinet.net.au wrote in message
I have searched till I am blue in the whatsit for a retail supply
store for the news(ish) buck-boost LED drivers (eg: LTC3453 -
Synchronous Buck-Boost High Power White LED Driver
), which look like the duck's nuts for setting up LED lamps, torches
etc.

I have seen a hundred articles about them, and prices per thousand
etc...but have seen not one site that retailed them.

I live in Australia, but if US store willsell to me, that's no biggy.

Thanks for any help

OldNick

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 18:02:47 GMT, "Roger Derby"
wrote:

Thanks for coming back

I was tempted to go for a kit, but feel a bit of a heel. I really am
experimenting I guess, but I am hardly going to generate great sales!

......unless my electronics building skills are up to their usual level
of course !

From the "LEDS Magazine" web site:
[...]

Roger Derby

Yeah, I know the feeling, but ... a story:

In the mid 1970s, many IC makers were pushing their new-fangled
microprocessors. Signetics had what I considered the best of the lot with
their 2650, but they would only make it available to worthy, users. Intel
let anyone and everyone get and play with their 8080. I'm not sure
Signetics is still in business. I wish I'd bought Intel stock.

Consider yourself one of the geeks, spreading the word about a worthy
product and inventing such things like spreadsheets.

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

news
wrote:

Thanks for coming back

I was tempted to go for a kit, but feel a bit of a heel. I really am
experimenting I guess, but I am hardly going to generate great sales!

.....unless my electronics building skills are up to their usual level
of course !

From the "LEDS Magazine" web site:
[...]

Joe Brophy

You should be able to order them directly from Linear Technology's =
website, at least that
is true for most manufacturer's IC's these days. Many times they will =
even provide free
samples. Let me know if u have any trouble and I will try to help out, =
good luck. Joe

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:17:13 +0800, OldNick nsremovable.iinet.net.au =
wrote:

I have searched till I am blue in the whatsit for a retail supply
store for the news(ish) buck-boost LED drivers (eg: LTC3453 -
Synchronous Buck-Boost High Power White LED Driver
), which look like the duck's nuts for setting up LED lamps, torches
etc.

I have seen a hundred articles about them, and prices per thousand
etc...but have seen not one site that retailed them.

I live in Australia, but if US store willsell to me, that's no biggy.

Thanks for any help

Joe Brophy
CountryTech Computer
email:

Roger Derby

I used to have my best luck with samples by talking with the "manufacturers
reps;" independent agents who represented many vendors in a particular
field. Of course, I was in a business that had the potential to purchase
large volumes, but if you happen to know someone ...