Duane Drier

Default center winshield missing

I have a '77 Glastron tri-hull in which the center walk-thru windshield is
missing. I've looked for 2yrs. with no luck finding a direct replacement.
Can anyone offer me advice on making my own replacement?

Thank you,
Duane

Duane Drier wrote:
I have a '77 Glastron tri-hull in which the center walk-thru windshield is
missing. I've looked for 2yrs. with no luck finding a direct replacement.
Can anyone offer me advice on making my own replacement?

Thank you,
Duane

Hi Duane,

what are the remaining parts made from?
is it a flat section, or is there a curve to it?
if curved, is it a simple constant curve, or somthing more complex?
do you need to drill it to mount it into the frame?

bookieb.

Mungo Bulge

http://www.waterworldinc.com/glastron.htm
http://www.navcompany.com/pre-owned_detail.cfm?id=142
It would appear that the window is flat so you could replace it with a
sheet of Lucite cut to allow for the expansion and contraction within
the frame. The frame could be fabricated from extruded aluminium by a
storm window fabricator in your area. I'd just trailer the boat over
to one and ask them to quote a replacement.

wrote in message
oups.com...

| Duane Drier wrote:
| I have a '77 Glastron tri-hull in which the center walk-thru
windshield is
| missing. I've looked for 2yrs. with no luck finding a direct
replacement.
| Can anyone offer me advice on making my own replacement?
|
| Thank you,
| Duane
|
| Hi Duane,
|
| what are the remaining parts made from?
| is it a flat section, or is there a curve to it?
| if curved, is it a simple constant curve, or somthing more complex?
| do you need to drill it to mount it into the frame?
|
| bookieb.

Ron White

You can buy the extruded aluminum frame material and hardware from companies
like Amercan Marine www.americanmarine.com and weld up the section you
need. I bought materials from these guys a few years ago and I am not sure
if they still sell the extusions , but they would be a good starting point.

--
Ron White
Boat building web address is

More evidence Kerry was missing Horvath ASA 13 September 25th 04 12:26 AM
VHF Antenna Resistance, Center Conductor To Shield Ron Patterson Electronics 12 March 4th 04 07:59 PM
New Center Console Boat Kent General 2 September 16th 03 07:30 PM
Stalling inboard center console Dirk General 8 August 20th 03 11:45 AM
WTB: cheap center console 17' or larger in New Jersey M.Katsoris Marketplace 0 August 3rd 03 06:48 AM