Jim Conlin

Default need advice painting a fiberglass topside

Most two-part aliphatic urethanes are quite thin and don't cover texture
well. Your surface prep needs top be quite thorough.
"sandy" wrote in message
Ahoy, our local paint shop recommended a 2 part aliphalicsomething
epoxy called Ameron. My question is,.. do I sand my rolled on primer
coat as smooth as possible or leave it pimply? Thanks as always, the
horizon moves closer.

Brian Nystrom

sandy wrote:
Ahoy, our local paint shop recommended a 2 part aliphalicsomething
epoxy called Ameron.

Do you mean Imron?

My question is,.. do I sand my rolled on primer
coat as smooth as possible or leave it pimply?

What do you want the final surface to be, smooth or "pimply"?
Paul Oman

sandy wrote:

Ahoy, our local paint shop recommended a 2 part aliphalicsomething
epoxy called Ameron. My question is,.. do I sand my rolled on primer
coat as smooth as possible or leave it pimply? Thanks as always, the
horizon moves closer.

2 part poly are also called LPU's (linear polyurethanes). Cost about
$100 per gallon to much much more.
come as acrylic polys or polyester polys.

Usually applied by roll and tip or spray, but I am probably going to
'test' just a brush on coat with a pricey Prudy (maybe misspelled)
brush - 15 bucks for a 3 inch brush! - this weekend on a 12 footer...

paul oman