Default OSS transom bevels

I am a rank beginner attempting Herb McLeod's one sheet skiff. I
believe I've got the angles for the stem and frame figured out, but I'm
a little puzzled by the transom bevels given in the plans. The plans
say "Bevel on side 13 degrees" and "Bevel to bottom 18 degrees". I can
see the 105 angle and the 15 bevel needed to achieve this on the side
pieces, but I'm confused about the 13 and 18 degree figures given. I
can't seem to visually wrap my head around this. Any help/explanation
is much appreciated!

William R. Watt

) writes:
I am a rank beginner attempting Herb McLeod's one sheet skiff. I
believe I've got the angles for the stem and frame figured out, but I'm
a little puzzled by the transom bevels given in the plans. The plans
say "Bevel on side 13 degrees" and "Bevel to bottom 18 degrees". I can

transom will be 90 deg to centreline. side will curve in to meet transom
at 13 deg.

bottom of boat is round fore-and-aft, called rocker, not flat. bottom of
boat is only flat side-to-side. rocker happens when you push the sides out
more at the top and then pull ends together. bottom curves up to meet
bottom of transom at 18 deg.

so cut or sand transom sides down 13 deg and bottom edge 18 deg.
doesn't have to be exact as adhesive will fill gap.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm

backing plates sel1 General 28 December 14th 04 08:10 AM
Mercruiser coupler replacement / transom issues Rich General 4 August 10th 04 10:07 PM
transom repair K. Smith General 0 August 7th 04 02:01 AM
Transom cutout size for 130 hp Sylvester Sullivan General 0 April 4th 04 06:01 AM
Transom Height - Dumb Question Alert Michael Gagliardi General 0 August 28th 03 07:31 PM