Paul Robson

I am a rank beginner attempting Herb McLeod's one sheet skiff. I
believe I've got the angles for the stem and frame figured out, but I'm
a little puzzled by the transom bevels given in the plans. The plans
say "Bevel on side 13 degrees" and "Bevel to bottom 18 degrees". I can
see the 105 angle and the 15 bevel needed to achieve this on the side
pieces, but I'm confused about the 13 and 18 degree figures given. I
can't seem to visually wrap my head around this. Any help/explanation
is much appreciated!

I presume it means "13 and 18 degrees above normal" ; e.g. the actual
angle is 90+13 = 103 degrees on the sides, and 90+18 = 108 degrees on
the bottom.