Teak

"Mac" wrote in message
I don't think a teak deck will rot. Period. But I could be wrong, of
course.

--Mac

Teak is a great wood .... but it is wood.
I have an all teak house I built in North Thailand 16 years ago. Where the
wood is protected or fully exposed it is as good as the day it was cut.
Where the porch meets the walls and where water collects with less air
drainage it has become rotten.
Still....one of the best, rot resistant light hardwoods.
...Ken

Mac

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:52:05 +0000, Teak wrote:

"Mac" wrote in message
I don't think a teak deck will rot. Period. But I could be wrong, of
course.

--Mac

Teak is a great wood .... but it is wood.
I have an all teak house I built in North Thailand 16 years ago. Where the
wood is protected or fully exposed it is as good as the day it was cut.
Where the porch meets the walls and where water collects with less air
drainage it has become rotten.
Still....one of the best, rot resistant light hardwoods.
...Ken

Well, I still don't think a teak boat deck will rot, even if it were
fully encapsulated in epoxy, unless it is just utterly neglected and
poorly designed to begin with.

But your point is taken. All materials have their limits. ;-)

--Mac