Teak

"Mac" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:56:39 +0000, Teak wrote:

Would you reconsider? Teak decks don't need to be protected. They are more
functional bare (natural non-skid) and IMO more beautiful, too.

As long as you use the boat from time to time, the bare teak will look
nice. If you are NOT going to use the boat, you may have to occasionally
scrub the teak.

If you must finish it, maybe you could just use oil?

If you don't like it bare, you can always finish it later. You won't have
lost anything.

FWIW, I used epoxy with varnish over it on a mahogany table, below deck,
and it worked well for several years, until I sold the boat.

--Mac

I am big on reconsidering, but in this case it has to have a gloss coat to
reproduce the classic 50's Chriscraft, open cockpit, runabout look.
The sole will be fine sanded and oiled but the bow etc. requires the gloss
finish.
...Ken