Junior Member

Default Fiberglassing Help!!!!!!

I'm replacing a transom in a 18ft V hull boat and need some fiberglassing advice.I had to cut out the old transom from the back of the boat and did so with cuts similar to the picture i provided.I have all the old wood out now and i discovered the innerskin was paper thin so its no help structurely so im going to cut it out and reglass the inside,beefing it up to be structurely sound i hope?The advice i need is what oz.glass do i use and how many layers and how far should it overlap on the inside to give the strength i need.When that is done i need to fix the outer skin so should i glass the whole back of the boat in layers to reach the original thickness or could i epoxy the skin i orginally cut out and saved back into position and just fiberglass the seams.Any suggestions would be appreciated on the oz of fiberglass,how many layers on the inside as well as the outside Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (6.4 KB, 47 views)
Randy Gross

Keith M wrote:

[...]

Filename: 001.jpg |
Download:
http://forums.yourdomain.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=144|

Greetings Keith,

What you have described is a major undertaking to say the least. I
think you should find and invest in some really good literature
describing in detail the processes you seek. One very good arguement
for this suggestion is that your life, and those on board with you,
depend on the quality of your work.

rg