sly

Default boat trailer plans

anyone know where i can find free boat trailer plans for download?
thanks

I've done some pretty extensive searching on the web and didn't find
any. Just a lot of smoke screens where they lured you with a free
plans thing and didn't have any.

Glen L has a bunch of plans but they are going to cost you 25 dollars.

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:59:10 GMT, "sly" wrote:

anyone know where i can find free boat trailer plans for download?
thanks

Roger Derby

I haven't done business with this outfit, but their web page seems to
illustrate the various parts that are available and their technical articles
discuss some things I hadn't thought about.
http://shop.easternmarine.com/index.cfm

Jim Michalak has an article on setting up a trailer at
http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakw...115/index.html

Boats differ so much that one would be hard put to publish a generalized
design. Six foot draft sailboat vs. flat bottomed john boat?

Roger

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm
"sly" wrote in message
anyone know where i can find free boat trailer plans for download?
thanks

Gary

"sly" wrote in message
anyone know where i can find free boat trailer plans for download?
thanks

We designed and built our own trailer last year. I have some drawings I did
for it, if you want them. Though my guess is it's unlikely our trailer will
work
for whatever you want. (Ours is for a 22' boat, bunks not rollers, dual
axel)

But, I did a lot of research and thinking about how to make the trailer. And
95% of it I'm very happy with. And we also learned some things I'd do
slightly differently.

If you want to email about it I'd be happy to share experience with you.

Or just post what type of trailer and any questions / thoughts you have
so far and I'll reply here.

(I'm not an expert, but we did a pretty good job)

You can see pics of our trailer he
Building Her: http://tinyurl.com/3apc6
First day with boat + pictuers of trailer: http://tinyurl.com/4coae

Don Dando

If you don't find plans, I have 6-8 trailers for sale in Liberty, MO

Don Dando

"sly" wrote in message
anyone know where i can find free boat trailer plans for download?
thanks

Gary

"Roger Derby" wrote:

Gary, that's a nice looking rig.

Thanks.

What do you reckon the boat weighs, ready to trail?

Boat is a little under 4000 lbs. Probably 3600 or 3700.
With gear and full gas I usually just say 4000 lbs.

steamer

--Try asking over at sci.engr.joining.welding and you might get
a few links. Ernie's page is a real treasure trove, too.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The other night I
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : dreamed about wasabi...

Bought a Reinel 26' FamilySailor ASA 290 August 11th 04 02:29 PM
What's a good sail boat to buy to live on? Wilfred Johnson Cruising 8 July 7th 04 01:57 AM
Dictionary of Paddling Terms :-) Mike McCrea General 3 June 30th 04 11:52 PM
A question about boat weight and displacement Ante Topic Mimara Cruising 33 April 8th 04 10:58 PM